If you are looking for the proven performance of a GWS tank, SolarWave expansion tanks are the quality solution for your solar system. SolarWave expansion tanks are designed to control the expansion and contraction of solar thermal transfer fluids in solar heating Systems. The SolarWave Series is intended for use on the solar liquid loop of indirect thermal transfer systems.
SolarWave tanks are built to the same stringent standards as PressureWave and Challenger tanks. They meet the demands of solar collector systems for both thermal expansion and contraction in order to maintain safe and efficient operating pressures within the solar liquid system.
A properly sized SolarWave tank will eliminate the need for recharging the system after periods of no use or in cases of extreme temperature buildup. It will eliminate relief valve release of system liquid and maintain minimum operating pressures throughout the system.
SolarWave Series expansion tanks have a large acceptance volume making them ideal for expansion and contraction control of solar collector systems which operate under a wide range of pressure and temperature.
SolarWave tanks are quality tested at several stages on the production line to insure the structural integrity of every tank. SolarWave tanks represent the best value for the investment and are the best quality solar expansion vessels available today.
- High temperature butyl diaphragm
- High expansion volume factor
- Two part polyurethane, epoxy primed paint finish
- Leak free o-ring sealed air valve cap
- Comprehensive testing
- No maintenance
- Maximum system temperature: 130°C / 266°F
- Maximum working pressure: 10 bar / 150 psi
- System connection: SWB-2LX – SWB-80LV stainless steel 3/4” BSP inline ; SWB-100LV – SWB-150LV stainless steel 1” BSP Elbow
- Factory pre-charge: 1.9 bar / 28 psi
- Above 150 liter use ChallengerTM Series tanks
- If the temperature of the solar system has the potential to rise above the evaporation point of the solar liquid a condenser chamber or coil is required between the solar collector and SolarWaveTM Series expansion tank in order to control the maximum fluid temperature at the SolarWaveTM tank.